
On a recent Costco trip, I hit the jackpot! I happened to see a 5 Disc Collector's Edition of Anne of Green Gables. I have been wanting to get this for a long time, but they only had it on VHS when I saw it before. You can imagine my delight and just picture me squealing with excitement as I quickly grabbed one up for me. (An old lady thought I had lost my mind, no doubt.) I have spent every second I can watching all the DVD's and just finished them tonight. I must say that I love those movies just as much now as I did 20 years ago when they first came out. And now I have Kelsi addicted! We have had lots of mother/daughter bonding time while watching the silly antics of "Anne with an e". Does anyone out there love Anne and Gilbert as much as I do?

12 comments:
I love those movies!!! All other movies fail to measure up to the epic drama of Anne and her friends from Avonlea. Tara is almost as devoted as I am...
Dave, sure do miss you my friend!Hope you guys are enjoying life and doing well! --James
Those are really fun movies!
ooh I do! I am definitely looking for these next time I go to Costco!!! Have you ever seen the third movie? When Anne and Gilbert head off to WW1? It's not nearly as good but was pretty entertaining for an anne addict like me!
This pack has all three movies plus a bonus DVD with deleted scenes and stuff. I love all the movies, but the first is my most favorite!
If you love Anne and Gilbert you should definitely check out the Anne and Gilbert site at www.AnneAndGilbert.com
i almost bought that 2 months ago at sam's!!!!!
Lucky! I recently borrowed all three from my sister-in-law. It's great to have nice, clean movies to watch every so often!
Can I just tell you that is my favorite movie of all time. When I was taking English classes, I came acroos that poem by Alfred Lord Tennysen that Anne quotes at the beginning of the movie "The Lady of Shalot" and I about died. Maybe that's why I ended up liking English so much.
P.S. No one can compete with Gilbert. (Except maybe my husband:)
I have never seen those movies!! Where did I come from? Oh, yeah, small town, USA. I may have to watch them sometime.
I did name my daughter Anne with and "E"...she now loves the movies too. You have to get the Tales of Avonlea. A great series that Disney made about the town. Anne and I enjoy watching them together.
I love these movies too! Sounds like I need to make a purchase!
I guess it's time to come out of the closet and just face the facts. I love Anne with an e and her hunky man Gilbert. There, I said it and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks! Whew, that felt good. ps don't tell my wife.
Post a Comment