Monday, April 14, 2008

Momma's little boy!

This morning after we took Kelsi to school, I told Andrew that he could choose something to do today with just him and mommy. I offered ideas like coloring, playing with playdoh, trains, cars...and he just sat there thinking about what we could do. I told him to come and let me know when he had decided what he wanted to do. A few minutes later he came and found me in the kitchen and this is exactly what he said- "Mom, I think we need to go to Target today and go shopping. Will that make you happy?" I told him that yes it would, but we could do anything he wanted to do. Then he said, "Yep, I think Target shopping would make me happy too! Can we go?"
So, there you have it. Have I created a monster or what?? Kelsi hates shopping, but Andrew just can't get enough of it! Guess we will go see if there are any new Cars at Target today!

15 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

i too love Target! Hope the shopping trip was a success!!

The VanderHoevens said...

He is a little crazy! What new cars did you find? Did he get popcorn and diet coke too?

Keri_B said...

Diet coke? Nasty!!! We only drink the real thing...though I am trying to break that habit. I am a recovering coke-a-holic and have been clean and sober for 15 days! :) We found Ramone and Flo cars that he thought he couldn't live without...

beth said...

Man, I wish that my kids were like that. Ok, they actually would but then I would have to buy something for each of them to keep them happy and they still would want to run to the next isle without me. You have trained him well. Good Job!

Adrienne said...

He knows how to work his mommy!!!! Smart kid! He gets a new toy everytime he goes to Target!

Ditto Family said...

What a cute story! Gotta love a momma's boy--

ryan and berni said...

That is funny. What a thoughtful little boy!

Laura said...

We did drive through Yakvegas. I thought of you the whole time. I'm sad that I now realise just how far away from Seattle you are. It's not even an option for me to visit for a day. Though, I did love the drive through enough to say that I wouldn't mind living there... if only it was closer to the sea.

Rachel said...

Gotta love a boy who loves to shop!

Lacey said...

I love it! Anything to make Mom happy.... he's catching on quick it sounds like!

Keri said...

Well, that sounds an awful like Freud's Theory to me. Trying to please the mom. j/k I'm glad you were able to get a Target near by. I know that was one of your requirements. My closest Target is almost 2 hours away.

Lauren said...

Who is your cousin? That is a small world considering that like 40 people work there.

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

I hope my own little Andrew turns out like that!

Adrienne said...

You haven't posted for a while. Are you still going through withdrawls? ;o)

Sirrine said...

I love Target too!!! Who doesn't?