I woke up today feeling a little down on myself. I thought for a few minutes about all the not so fun things going on and all the great things that are happening to others and not to me. (Nice, huh!) My daydreaming was stopped quickly as I had two hungry children who thought they were STARVING and would die if they didn't eat something NOW. So, into my kitchen I go, still a little grumpy. As I reach to grab something, I see the tile sitting on my counter. It reads:
In all of living
have much fun
and laughter.
Life is to be enjoyed, not
just endured.
Pres. Hinckley
I realized that I was being extremely selfish having a pity party for myself, especially because it wasn't even 8 in the morning yet! So, I told myself that I would have a great day and try to enjoy life a little more. Not always easy when there are piles of laundry to wash and dishes overflowing in the sink. To help myself out, I want to make a gratitude list whenever I find myself just enduring life :)
1. I am grateful for my husband who works hard to support our family. Thanks honey!!
2. I am grateful for my kids who always love me, even when I am a little grumpy and maybe not being the nicest.
3. I am grateful for my bed...it is so comfortable. There is nothing like a good nights rest! I just got a new bed set, so it's really pretty, too!
4. I am grateful for my sister...she already has 5 people in her house and yet she still let 4 more come and stay with her for 2 months. Need I say more?? Wish we were closer again!
5. I am grateful for El Porton salsa...there is nothing in the world like it. YUM!!
6. I am grateful for all my Rexburg friends who helped me survive school. I wish we could all live close together again!
7. I am grateful for washing machines, dryers, and dishwashers because as much as I complain about housework, I don't even want to think about what it would be like without them!
8. I am grateful for good books to read. Thank you Stephenie Meyer for writing the Twilight series...and thank you Mandy for telling me about it! Can't wait for the next one.
9. I am grateful for my beautiful apartment to live in...and the cheap rent makes it even better! :)
10. I am grateful for the Dollar Spot at Target...who doesn't love that?
This is just the start of my list...what are you grateful for today?
10 comments:
I am grateful I made it above El Porton salsa on the list ;)
We miss you guys - I wish you were closer. Mybe not 2 ft away - but MUCH closer :)
I am so grateful for Dave's cookies. I still have some mint cookie candy bars in the freezer.
Haven't we all had those days. Way to pull yourself out of it so soon. You are a better person than me!
Hey! I am so grateful for friends like you who have been able to remind me to be grateful for things around me!! Thanks!
This is a great post. I know I have had those days. I am thankful for a house full of kids that drive me insane some days!!!!
"An Attitude of Gratitude" -- that is our family motto. Not so easy to remember always. Great post! I think I need to do this today and I was just mentally gripping to myself minutes ago.
I love that quote by President Hinckley...I am totally going to put that on my Fridge! I am grateful for naps...both the ones I get as well as the ones Jacen takes everyday :)
Aw, Keri, you're so cute. Way to make yourself pull out of it. I'm definitely guilty of pity parties every so often--they just feel so satisfying sometimes! Thanks for the uplifting reminder to be positive!
Today I am greatfull that we're moving. We only have one week left and then we can be gone forever. That is a wonderful thought that makes me smile.
I just read this on June 28th so it's been a while, but didnt you find out you were preg. a couple days later? hahaha hormones honey blame it on the hormones, we can never escape them!
Post a Comment