For the past two years of my life, I have been not only a wife and mother, but a full time college student. There were many days when I wondered why I was doing this to myself and to my family- it was extremely difficult. I even took a statistics class over Christmas Break- the longest and hardest two weeks, possibly ever. Earlier this summer I considered changing my major to a general degree, just so that I could be done with school. Two very wise teachers talked me into staying in the program of Child Development, so that I could graduate with a specialized degree. Today I took my last final and I don't know that I can even express in words how happy that makes me feel, but WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!! says it a little bit. I do still need to do an internship in the fall, but after the last 2 semesters I have had, I figure it will be a piece of cake. Today as I returned home from school, I made a list (I am kind of a list person) of all the things that I want to do during the rest of our summer break. It was long. But, instead of starting to work on any of those things, I sat on our couch and watched TV for a bit. Why? Because I can- I don't have any homework anymore!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Keri, that is so awesome! I am so happy for you (oh, and a little bit jealous--okay, actually a lot-- LOL!) Good for you!
So excited for you! Like Angela I am a bit jelous too. You are amazing that you can do school, be a mom, and be a wife. You are awesome!
Wahoo!!! is right!! Congratulations!! What are you going to do for your internship?
Not only do I commend you on getting your degree, but hey...you had the courage to return to Rexburg! You are my hero!
CONGRATULATIONS! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.
Post a Comment