Friday, October 3, 2008

The Fair!

Last weekend we went to the Central Washington State Fair. We started the day by attending a parade then off to the fair. It was a long, but fun day. The kids of course just wanted to ride the rides. I was the designated picture person since they don't let pregnant ladies ride anything. :(

This was in the evening and as you can see, Andrew is wiped out! We didn't take a stroller this year because we figured the kids were big enough and we wanted to wear them out. We did run into some friends who had a double stroller and they were so kind as to let Andrew sleep for a bit in the back.
While Andrew was sleeping, Kelsi and Dave took the opportunity to go on the all big rides that Andrew was too small for. They had a little too much fun...we are just glad the Dave was able to get Kelsi to a garbage can before she lost her very pricey fair lunch! And if you ask her, she now hates the Zipper ride. :) We can't wait to go back next year!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day. Jason and I went to the Idaho State Fair Labor Day Weekend and yes they really don't let pregnant ladies ride anything even the ferris wheel. Unfortunately I found that out the hard way.

Angela said...

Poor Kelsi! When I was about 8, I went on a crazy ride to impress my tough, older, boy cousins. I threw up on them. And to this day, I am still a big WIMP when it comes to rides. (Recently, I did go to Disneyworld with Grant and got over some of it.) Hopefully Kelsi gets right back out there and tries again. Looks like you guys had fun.

Rachel said...

Looks like fun! We love the fair!

Nikki said...

AW - a fair!! One time, when I was little, I remember riding this swirly whirly ride and praying that I would not vomit! Poor Kelsi! At least the rest of the day was fun!

ps: Melanie is almost 19 weeks pregnant!!

James & Tara Huish said...

Hi Keri!
I always love catching up on your life! You guys are just so darn cute! Now I'm ready to see the pregnant belly! Come on Keri! And, you never talk about yourself! Tell us about how the pregnancy is going and how you're coping! Give us the update! Love you guys!

Tara

Scott and Stacia said...

Oh the zipper used to be my favorite. So sorry it didn't work for Kelsi!! Hope she is still looking forward to next years rides. Sounds like it was a fun day besides the lunch coming up :)

Adrienne said...

Sounds like you had a fun time. We can't wait to see you all next week.

Elizabeth C said...

It sounds like you had a blast at the fair. Your blog background is very cute! Congrats on the pregnancy! How fun for you all.

Keri said...

(I thought I posted something the other day but I guess didn't stick.) Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I was bummed out too when I couldn't go on the rides at the fair. At least you can still eat the fair food!

Keri said...

WAHOOOOO!!!! 100 days left! (give or take) I want to see more cute belly pictures! My pregnancy has been going great. I'm getting huge and it seems like every week I'm at least an inch larger! He is also kicking up a storm which is SO cool! How is your pregnancy going? Are you still sick? I want updates with pictures!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Everyone has to find out sometime if their kids puke on the big rides or not. Now I guess you know! I don't think I will take mine on any rides like that soon. They puke on car rides, so it doesn't look too good for the, huh!?!