Saturday, May 1, 2010

MEXICO...Part Cuatro

La Paz!

We had to ride on a little boat for 90 minutes to get to our SCUBA spot...Los Islotes, where we were going to swim with sea lions. See the smile on my face? I was so excited.

And then I got in the water. It was so cold! Even with a wet suit I was shivering so bad and I couldn't get my buoyancy right. It had been almost 4 years since the last time we did SCUBA and that was in a hot spring. Way different than the ocean. Do I look terrified in this picture? I made Dave hold my hand the whole time, cause I am a big baby. But I did it. And he still loves me :)That is a sea lion in the corner, swimming by us. They were very friendly. Crazy Mandy was playing with them.

This is the beautiful beach we ate lunch at after the dive. Umm, can we just stay here forever?? It was so beautiful! After we ate the boys went on another dive while us girls stayed up in the warm sun.

Heading into La Paz on a bus. The town was about a 20 minute ride from where the boat docked so they had complimentary shuttles for us. The town wasn't that fabulous...or we just didn't walk far enough. The beaches are beautiful there, though.

A beautiful cactus at the Port of Pichilingue.

0 comments: