Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

In case anyone still reads this blog, I will let you know what's been happening the past few weeks in our home. And I apologize for the lack of posts. Everytime I get online, I spend all my time reading other blogs and then I don't have time to update my own. Oh well...but I love to read all of your fun blogs!

We spent a snowy Chrstimas at home. Well, mostly at Dave's parents home, but we came home to sleep occasionally. Two of his brothers and their families were here along with his grandparents so we enjoyed spending time with all of them. Someday we will get all the Button boys together again, but that may be awhile. Christmas morning the kids woke up early and we did presents at home then went over to the Button's for breakfast and more presents :) It was a great day!

The next day my sister and brother and their families braved the snowy mountain passes to come and visit us. The cousins all had a blast being together! One day the men all went shooting and the women took the kiddos to a giant indoor playland. I stayed up way too late playing games and talking with the adults, but it was so much fun! It was nice to be able to talk and laugh once all the little ones went to sleep. We had 6 adults and 8 children in our little home...at least it seemed really little with so many people in it! The oldest child was 9 and the youngest 3 months. Fun times.

We had dinner with Dave's parents on New Year's Eve but headed home early to get the kids to bed. Kelsi begged us to stay up till midnight so we let her. Not sure what she was expecting, but I think she finally realized that we don't have a big party once the kids are in bed!

Today we went sledding with some friends...not me, I was on the swings trying to get labor going. No luck so far. This past year has brought many changes to our family. Hopefully 2009 will be a little less crazy. We are looking forward to the arrival of a sweet little baby girl who will sleep really well and never cry. I can dream can't I?? When the little button arrives we will surely let everyone know!

7 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

It is so crazy to see 14 days on your baby countdown. I am so excited that the day is almost here for you. Be sure to keep us posted!
So fun to read an update. I am there with you though about the posting. I read up on everyone elses blogs and never make time to post on my own :) I hope to get to it this next week :) Your in our thoughts and prayers as the baby's due date is so near!

Keri said...

You are so lucky that you were able to spend the holidays with so much family. We really missed out this year. I hope your little girl comes quickly and I'm sure she will be so sweet.

Greg and Michelle said...

I can't believe that your little girl is due anytime! From an outsider it seems like the time flew. Maybe that isn't the same for you I am sure! Good luck with everything, and we can't wait to see pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing this new Button. I bet you are even more though. So cute that Kelsi wanted to stay up late. That's so fun.

beth said...

We are so excited for you guys. Hope everything goes well. I know some of the blog stuff slows down with more and more kids but keep it up anyway. Thanks.

James & Tara Huish said...

I'm still here Keri! Just so you know, I do still check your posts whether there are new ones or not:) I'm very guilty of the same habit of reading everyone elses and not catching up on my blog! I'm so excited to see this new little girl! Keep us posted!

Love ya!
Tara

Nikki said...

Oh Keri - I religously check on you - and tend to get a bit freaked out when a post has been missing for a while...:)

We spent New Years at my sis-in-laws house: Matthew crashed at about 10:30 but Katie and Jordan both made it to the ball dropping and beyond, 1:30 AM to be exact!!

I am so excited for you and I will pray that your little button comes out right on time and with no problems. I have heard of miracle babies that don't cry, mine were never them, but then, well, you know my kids...

Thanks for the reminder, it could always be worse, and you are right: I thrive on crazy!!! Love you - me