Monday, June 9, 2008

Finished with First Grade!!

Tomorrow is Kelsi's last day of first grade...I can hardly believe it! She has changed so much this year and is turning into a beautiful and very smart young lady. (Just like her mom..ha ha!) Kelsi has been in 3 different schools this year because of our moving and has adjusted well with each move. She was so blessed to have 3 truly amazing teachers! Her current teacher, known to many as "The lovely" welcomed her with open arms into her class and we have loved her since the first day we met her! We decided to make a fun little poster for her, to let her know how much we appreciate her work and all that she has done for Kelsi. Here is a picture of the poster...
Kelsi, proudly holding her work!!
This is Kelsi and Kennedy. They have been friends since they were babies! One of the best things about moving back to Yakima for Kelsi was Kennedy!!! They also happen to be the two tallest girls in their class! :) There is nothing greater than a best friend, especially when you are six years old!

9 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

Kelsi looks so adorable! We miss her! My kids are jealous they still go to school until Tuesday next week.

Nikki said...

I am so jealous that school is still in!! Our kids got out on May 29th - the day before my birthday. I still swear that was a really cruel joke planned out the moment the school system found out I lived here! It has been 11 days and I am already begging the superintendent to start school again! :) Congrats Kelsi - 2nd grade here you come!!

beth said...

Isn't it amazing how fast our kids are growing? I am proud of Kelsi for doing so well and especially with the moves. I think TC took the move well but has learned some hard things this half of the 1st grade. Good luck with 2nd! TC says hello! ps i am not an original, there are over 3000 people with my name - Darn it!

Ditto Family said...

Your candy bar letter was such a good idea! I wish I had done something like that for the kids teachers. This morning it occurred to me that I had done nothing to thank them. Guess there is always next year!

Adrienne said...

Great idea on the candy bar poster!! We miss you all too and can't wait to see you!! Madi's last day is next Wed. So, woo-hoo for me.

Lacey said...

What a cute poster! I think I made one of those once, but it wasn't anywhere near as cute as that one is! Best friends are the greatest when you're 6!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Yay for Kelsi! Man, time flies.

Angela said...

How funny! I just did Candy Bar thank you cards after Aurora was born. Great minds think alike! ;) What a cute best friend picture! Kelsi is so adorable!!

Laura said...

Stop right there! I can't believe how big she's getting! From the picture of Andrew's cheeky bum he's getting tall too!
You need to update more ;)