Okay, this is going to be a slightly whiny post so if you want to stop reading, do so now. You may or may not know that we are managers over 6 duplexes. The owners have been renting for the past few years and are now selling them as individual condos. Because of this, many of the tenants are moving out as they don't want to buy the unit they live in. That part is fine. What is not fine is that people are slobs and don't clean when they leave! We have spent over 20 hours this past week cleaning 1 unit. It was a single lady who lived there so we didn't think it could be too bad. Man were we wrong! Every evening we spent hours cleaning her grossness only to come home exhauted and ready for bed. Do you think I have done anything to my own home this week?? NOPE! That condo now looks great while mine has lots of work to be done. Next week we get to start on another unit that is now empty and someone else is moving out the week after. Now I can't complain too much...because we do this work we live in a great place for a great price. That part is wonderful. I just want to pay someone to come and clean my own house now because I am tired of cleaning! And Kelsi woke up throwing up last night...she did manage to make it to the bathroom but got everything in there pretty yucky. So I ask, does it ever end??? I just need a break!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
No, it never ends. Sorry.
-Jeff
Well, maybe it does...
http://www.engrish.com/recent_detail.php?imagename=does-it-end.jpg&category=Computer&date=2008-06-11
What was this post about? I stopped reading after the first sentence.
Keri welcome to our world of RENTALS!! we have 11 of our own 5 of which are trailers so you can imagine how SICK they get!! why we choose to do this for a living I don't know (j/k i do the money) but still i feel your pain and everything is worse when its someone else's and your pregnant!! hang in there! someday you won't be cleaning everyone's crap...who knows when though! hahah lol
You poor thing. Yes, this too shall pass. hopefully sooner than later.
Oh Keri - is there any way you can begin to require white gloves? those things worked pretty nicely up here....by the way - cute baby countdown :)
Oh My!!! Good luck---
We switched apartments and I'm still finding things to clean that the people before us didn't clean.... We moved here in April... ugh! Congrats on baby #3! I'm excited for you guys!
Amen, Keri, amen! This is the kind of crap Adam has been doing for almost three years now! Haha. But, like you said, it does provide good benefits. I just don't get how people can leave places trashed! The joys of property management. :)
Post a Comment