Monday, May 19, 2008

Kelsi's First Fishing Experience

Her first fish!!
The second fish...lovely, huh!

The parks and rec department here holds an annual "Fishing For Kids" day. They stock a pond with 4000 trout and children can come and go fishing. You have to sign up for a time slot and pay the $5 fee...in return you get a t-shirt, a great fishing rod, some other goodies and the chance to catch up to 2 fish in half an hour. We signed Kelsi up this year (Andrew wasn't old enough) and she got to go with her dad. She had the first time slot, so we were hoping the fish would be hungry!! She was a pro and caught two fish pretty quickly. Now she wants to go out with Grandpa on his boat and try again. I now have two frozen fish in my freezer that I am not quite sure what to do with. They did have people there to clean and gut the fish before they were brought home...thank you to whoever spent the day doing that fun job so the moms didn't have to when the kids got home!!


9 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

Kelsi - that looks like so much fun!! We miss you guys! - Aunt Valerie

Adrienne said...

Way to go Kelsi!! It looks like you had lots of fun! We can't wait to see you again!

Ditto Family said...

Our kids had a great time. They came home with six fish which we immediately put on the grill. We just threw away last years fish so this year we vowed to not even bring them in the house. They were actually pretty tasty!

ryan and berni said...

Parker says: you are so good at fishing and that you caught something really fun today! It's so nice that your parents did that for you so that you would be happy! I hope we can go on a bike ride in 5 years.

Greg and Michelle said...

I love your template! I have the same one right now!

Amy said...

TAG!! Look at my blog for the tag!

Kat & Paul said...

How fun for Kelsi! I can't wait to take Luc fishing this year! Our free fishing day is coming up next week! Yahoo!

amber said...

Keri I found you. Anyways those two fish you cook them. Oh and we are coming to Washington to live. Hahaha

Pilgrim Family said...

so fun i loved fishing way back when, it's been awhile!
Way to go Kelsi!!
Hi to the button family, it looks like you guys are doing well away from rexburg!!