I was having trouble posting pictures and writing in the same post, so here is my explanation of the pictures below! Kelsi was a cheerleader, but not just any cheerleader, one with pink hair. It has been her dream since she was 4 to have pink hair and it finally came true last night. Andrew was Buzz Lightyear, of course! Our complex had a trunk-or-treat last night and it was great! It wasn't dark when we started, so Kelsi and her friends went off by themselves. A friend and I were talking about how our parents always went with us, even when we were older. Yes, we live in Rexburg! Everyone was on one side of the complex so the kids just walked up one row and down the other side. We could see them the whole time. :) Andrew did not want to go, so he sat in the back of the van and played while I handed out candy. I can't count how many parents with newborns came around...wonder who will eat that candy! (In my home, you don't go beg for candy until you can ask for it yourself, but to each his own.) Anyway, once I ran out of candy, I talked Andrew into going on a "walk" with me and his friend, Matthew. He reluctantly came along, but once he realized he could get suckers and smarties, he was so excited! This was the first year he did trick-or-treating and once he saw what it was, he loved it!! He was so excited at each car, he wanted to just look at all the candy. By 6:30, it was getting dark and the candy was gone, so everyone headed home. It was great, the kids thought it was late, so we got them into bed by 8pm...after washing Kelsi's hair a few times of course!!
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a BLAST this Halloween! I love your kids' CUTE costumes!!
I love this story! How Andrew didn't want to go until he was tricked into realizing how fun it really was. Have you ever heard of the show "Lazytown" on Nick Jr? The star is a little girl with pink hair, who sometimes wears a cheerleading costume. That is who I thought Kelsi was, at first. Anyway, I'm impressed that you got them in bed by 8 on Halloween. :)
Post a Comment