When we found ourselves with a rare Monday off we decided that we wanted to do something exciting and away from Yakima. So we headed out with the Snider family to the Gingko Petrified Forest near Vantage for a nice day hike.
It's beautiful here! The whole gang. Dave is pulling a Michael Jackson with poor Kayli. 
Our family
The forest was actually a desert with petrified stumps, in cages. Still cool, I guess.
We saw a few little lizards!
We borrowed a backpack for Kayli and she loved it! She was laughing and giggling the entire time. Thank you Bradys!!
Walking through the forest :)
It wasn't exactly what I had envisioned,(does forest mean trees to anyone else?) but the kids had a blast playing and good friends can make even lame things fun. Since our families are too big for one car we took two and the girls drove in one and the boys drove the other. Somehow the crazy kids ended up with the boys and Christine and I had a fabulous time talking on the drive!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
The Petrified "Forest"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Lizards and petrified forests?!! I take it all back. Man, I was so wrong about Yakima! ;) Looks like you guys had a good time. Miss ya!
-Ryan and Fam
That sure doesn't sound like a forest. I've wondered about what that was every time we drive by on our way to Spokane.
haha, we don't know how the kids ended up in the other car :) where are we going on our next trip? hey, let's use my gps and our destination will be a mystery!
I'm glad Kayli liked the the carrier. She looks so cute! We need to go there sometime. Looks fun!
Post a Comment