Today while we were driving, Andrew and I were talking about the people that we love. I want my children to know, without a doubt, that they are loved. We always say "I love you" to them when they go somewhere, like school, or if we are leaving them for a bit for some other reason. Andrew has caught on and now says it also- to everyone that he meets. If you say good bye to him, more than likely he will say "Good Bye, I love you!" :)We started talking about extended family members who we love and Andrew told me he loves Grandma Button. "I love her the very most," he says. "Even more than me?" I asked. "Yes," he tells me. Then I asked him why, thinking the answer would surely have something to do with the fact that she always has ice cream cones or lets him watch Diego on her TV. Nope- this was his answer- "She always does her hair pretty every day, and you don't."
Well, there you go. I guess I should spend a little more time on my hair- I never realized it was so important to my 4 year old son!!
10 comments:
OMG! That just made my day! If it makes you feel any better- I only wish I had your hair (and leaving this comment my word verification is pimple... which only makes me feel self concious because it seems that your blog knows I have a huge one right now)
That's hilarious! Especially when he comes on Friday mornings and I'm exercising, looking my worst! What a sweetie - love my Andrew bug!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - this is making me laugh so loud - isn't it wonderful the things little ones say! Now get out of bed and do your hair! - Valerie
He is so metro, love it! Soon he will tell you to dress better too!!
What a funny kid! Nice compliment to Grandma, though.
If if makes you feel better I think your hair looks FAB!
What a sweetheart? You will love that story for the rest of your life. Hope you are feeling well!
Too cute! I love childrens reasoning! Especially because your hair always looks great!
LOL That is so funny. So that is why you did your hair while you were at my house ;)
haha that is so cute... eli told his preschool teacher that his mommy looked the best when she is NOT dressed up in a dress.. haha
I can't believe how big he is getting!
Post a Comment