Yesterday the kids and I took a super quick trip over the mountains to see family. I got to go shopping (well, stand in line mostly!) with my sister, sister-in-law and my mother while the kids got to play with their cousins. It was a win-win situation. Because of work, Dave did not get to come with us and his only request was to bring back some Krispy Kreme donuts for him and his coworkers. The nearest store is 2 hours away, so we usually try and get some while we are over visiting my family. Imagine my delight when I pulled into the parking lot and saw that their famous Hot Light was on! In case you don't know, this means that they are making fresh glazed donuts at the moment and if you come in, you can have one that is nice and hot. That's the best way to eat them, they just melt in your mouth. Every other time that I have been to a Krispy Kreme when the sign was on, they gave us a free glazed donut, just off the belt. YUM!! Not this time. They offered us half of a bite of a donut that wasn't even warm! I know that the economy is not that great right now and maybe people aren't scooping up these donuts like they used to...but really, come on. At least give the pregnant lady and her two young children an entire bite and one that is warm! If I wasn't so distracted picking out my dozen assorted donuts I was taking home, I would have been a lot more upset. I know that I am super pregnant and often a little grumpy lately, but really, where is the love Krispy Kreme?
7 comments:
Dang those haters at krispy Kreme. Funny story.
You crack me up!! I too have been craving DONUTS!! So yummy!!
I've been a few times when they have their light on and I've never had a free one or even a warm one! Hmph!
BUT did you get their blueberry cake one? That's my absolute favorite. Love love love!
What a story! They're probably hurting pretty bad if they can't even offer an entire bite of a donut... yikes! Also, I love your pumpkin! It's so stinking cute and I'm surprised no one else has thought of that yet!
I think you DEFINITELY have the right to be mad...pregnant or not pregnant:) I loved the updates! Do you really only have 41 more days?!! That's crazy! It went fast for me:) I'm so excited and wish I could be there to see this little one! Maybe someday!
Love ya!
Tara
What is this world coming to??? That is just wrong! Great post!! :) I say boycott Krispy Kreme and go to Safeway. They have better Bavarian Creme-filled donuts anyway.
What would I give to see the lit sign of a Krispy Kreme Doughnut shop....You know - for a college town Rexburg sure is missing some dang good places to eat!! Miss you - hey how about an updated belly shot? :)
Post a Comment