We have been working with our children on learning the Articles of Faith. (These are short little statements that help us share what we believe with others.) It is important to Dave that the children learn what they mean when they say things like this, instead of just memorizing words that mean nothing to them. I think it's working because this happened in our house the other day:
Kelsi was told to put her folded clothes away but she didn't want to so she pretended not to hear me. I told her that she was in trouble and then I told Andrew that he was also in trouble because he was her sister and if she was in trouble he would be too.
He looked at me in complete shock and said "But it says that men will be punished for his own sins, not his sisters!"
I almost died laughing when that came out of my little boys mouth.
FYI- The 2nd Article of Faith reads: We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
Maybe our children are actually learning something from us!!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Out of the Mouth of Andrew...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That so funny!!! Kids sure say the darnedest things but I'm sure it's nice that you can tell they are learning the meaning behind the articles of faith too.:)
I'm so glad you posted this! I've been laughing ever since you shared it with me! Andrew is awesome! It's such a blessing to have you so close.
What an awesome family you have. On top of spiritual education and smarty, creative witticisms. =) Isn't it great being a Button?!
You tell em Andrew. What a cute little boy!
Oh my goodness! That story is hillarious! One that I'm SO SO glad you guys wrote down:) Miss you guys!
Tara
Hilarious!! That is one smart boy!!
That is so cute! I love when kids say things like this :)
Keri! That is awesome! Love it!
Post a Comment